I cant believe i am writing this blog post because this recipe is super easy to prepare, so simple my 7 year old could do it!
However it seems my followers on instagram (@thesewist) love food LOL as i posted these pictures while i was preparing the cheese puffs earlier this evening and i had them all craving for it to the point i got requested to share the recipe.
To make my tomato cheese puff you will need:
Puff pastry squares
Cheddar cheese (cut in thin slices)
Tomato (thinly sliced)
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and allow to thaw for approx 10 mins or until it is soft and you are able to bend the edges without it breaking.
- At this point i would switch the oven on to about 160 C so its nice and hot.
- Place the square at a diagonal like diamond so the pointed edges are facing you (like in the pic above). Put in layers put the cheese slices, then the tomato (i only use one slice in each puff), sprinkle some chives fold the edges and give it a pinch of its holds together.
- Make sure your baking tray is slightly oiled and place them on the tray. Pop them in the oven for approx 15-20 mins and voila!
- Lightly brush some egg on the puff to get the nice brown color.
See told you it was easy and takes approx 30 mins from preparing it to eating it!
You can try substituting the fresh tomatoes with sun dried tomatoes, add some mushrooms, turkey bacon, pepperoni i mean its a matter of what you are in the mood for really.
Please feel free to share the recipe with your friends