My Abby Tote

I am sure you are wondering where I have been hiding all these days?

Well the answer is in my sewing room :D

Busy is not the word I would use to describe my life at the moment between picking fabric, sewing items, working with the fabulous Yonici on the shop design AND making time to play, cook and care for my family well you get the picture…it doesn’t leave me much time for nothing else.

I love blogging but as you can tell i am not blogging as much as i would love to its kind of like down to once or twice a week and i guess it will remain so until the shop launch so the sooner I launch the sooner I am back to blogging full time!*YAY*

In my sewing room which looks like it got hit with a bomb of beautiful fabrics LOL I decided to take make something for me  and when i do it usually is  a bag.

This bag is not only pretty, its reversible, spacious and that bow is the perfect finishing touch which also doubles up as a scarf cool huh?. I love bows, I am very much into them lately I don’t know about you but I find them so feminine and girly yet chic.

This is what it looks like reversible

I made the bag using Abby Tote pattern form V & Co. Making this bag took me  approx 1 to 2 hours to make.It took me forever to choose fabrics (seriously its the hardest part!) so many different possibilities anyway I finally settled in using IKEA fabrics and I am so glad I did, as it turned out beautifully (if I may say so myself hehe). Vanessa’s instructions were clear to follow and the bag took shape pretty quickly and I was eager to see how it would turn out.

The only thing I would change about this bag is adding pockets however if I did that then the bag wouldn’t be reversible…This tote does need pockets although its not really intended as a bag but I cant help it I want to use it as an everyday bag. What do you think should I attempt another version with pockets just to put my mind at ease?

Anyway thank you for being so patient as I get my sewing together .. I truly appreciate your support xoxo

I’ll be linking to these parties and TCB

comments

This entry was posted in Made with Love, Sewing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to My Abby Tote

1. Zura says:

That is one gorgeous bag Mayya! I love how it is reversible and both color schemes blend really well. Can’t wait to celebrate your shop launch and see your debut collection, I’m sure it will be fabulous!!
    Zura´s last blog post ..LLK Corset Top

2. Liza says:

Well, you can use an organizer :)

3. Claire says:

That bag is gorgeous :) the bow is the perfect accessory.
    Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Happy sewing :)
    Claire´s last blog post ..Things I love update -

4. clo says:

great bag, love the fabric.
    clo´s last blog post ..Great start to the Week

5. Tanya H. says:

BEAUTIFUL! Loving the bold fabrics you chose.
    Tanya H.´s last blog post ..Easter nests

6. Melissa says:

Seriously cute! I love this bag. Just might have to give it a try myself one day, maybe when my huge pile of sewing for my daughter is done? We’ll see. Thanks for sharing, it is really darling!
    Melissa´s last blog post ..Unique Toy Organization

Lovely bag Mayya…i love the fabric too
    Nima´s last blog post ..Showing off my new doilies

8. Jess K. says:

Such a cute bag! I love that fabric.
    Jess K.´s last blog post ..Ima Mom

9. I think this is absolutely adorable!!! Love the fabric chosen as well. Great job!

10. Karima says:

Hi from your newest follower/s. Karima from http://www.karimascrafts.com and http://www.karimasblogs.blogspot.com.
    I love this bag!

11. Wow, great job! This is such a cute bag, it looks like something I would find at Anthropologie. I love the style and the fabrics you chose.
    Elizabeth@themustardceiling´s last blog post ..Take a Peak

12. Marshall says:

That bag is seriously gorgeous! An organizer would be great to use in it, but knowing me, I’d end up sewing in the pockets. ;) Thanks for sharing – I’m going to have to make one myself.

13. ginger says:

Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!
    ginger´s last blog post ..Kreativ Blogger Award! I WON!

14. Vanessa says:

This turned out so cute! I love the bag and the IKEA fabric it’s made of! :)
    I would love it if you shared this at my linky party @ {nifty thrifty sunday}! (The party will be open till Wed night.)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa
    Vanessa´s last blog post ..coffee stencils

15. Darling! I love it!
    Wendy from Wendys Hat´s last blog post ..Doll Quilt &amp Bag Sewing

16. Ricki Duke says:

Love the bag very cute. I myself would have to have pockets. Everything in the bottom of the bag is just not right. Need to find the keys and phone in a hurry most of the time.

17. Robin says:

Love! Great colors, too.

18. Rachel says:

Wow, I LOVE this bag! The fabric is amazing, and I love that it’s reversible! I’m with you on the bows . . . I love ‘em, too. So, so cute! Great work!

19. Nad says:

I absolutely love it! It is more than cute, especially that BOW – I am also into them at the moment! Keep on sewing sis.

20. kylee says:

I love this bag. I am a huge fan of bows and I just think this is darling! SO cute!

21. rezlana says:

hey mayya…..the bag is surely lovely……. id like to sew one like that too…. it is a must try now.please visit my blog and leave a comment… i would appreciate it….great wok
    rezlana´s last blog post ..CUTEY WALLETS AND ACCESSORY POUCHES!!!!!! GALORE

22. Carylanne says:

Well done Mayya! The fabric choices are great together & should take you right throug the summer months. I have been busy as well doing much needed catch-up sewing for ME, with my near trip to visit friends and my past donations in Las Vegas. I have made a wonderful short set that I will soon duplicate, now that the pattern is fitted to my not so average size. yuk ! wish I was a perfect size??? LOL. Have a blast sorting through the now present stash again, I am sure you will find some new inspiration to bring new sewn items into the home and the store. Looking forward to your store launch. Great friend from Teaxs, Carylanne

23. Laura says:

Got to love those beautiful fabric bombs. You tote is so cute. I love the fabric.

I am 1 of 5 finalists to win a HUGE room makeover and voting ends today. I would really appreciate it is you would take just a moment and stop by and vote for me. I am 3#. Thanks!

Laura´s last blog post ..Guess Whos House These Pictures Where Taken At

24. Vanessa says:

I just wanted to let you know that I featured you at today’s {nifty thrifty sunday}! Come on over and grab a button if you’d like and link up more of your creativity! :)
    xoxo,