Pickety Pockets Sewing Tutorials

One of the reasons i love sewing so much is that you can totaly personalize a project by with choice of fabrics and it and oh lets not forget the fact it a unique creation because it is made by you!

I love pockets and i always find myself wanting more pockets in a bag, because they are great to hold your stuff in so you find them easily and  dont end up searching for things in the deep black hole bottom of your bag.

Found these great tutorials on how to make different pockets which you can make as big or as small as you wish simply adjust the width and length to suit your project.

Cant get any easier than this a gathered pocket tutorial by {Citizen Craft}

Check out this tutorial for making an elastic gathered side pocket by {Queenofdiy on craftster}

Want roomier pockets? then bellows pocket is perfect tutorial via {My Botang}

Here is another version of how to do bellow pockets via {Sketch and Sew}- love how detailed it is

One of the most popular pocket tutorials is definitely this pleated pocket tutorial by {Made by Rae}

I jumped up with joy when i found the pockets tutorial series on {Ikat bag}…yes she has 25 tutorials on pockets! Seriously u have to check her out yes i know crafters are cool, creative AND generous..thats just us :)

This post wouldn’t be complete if i didnt share tutorials on how to create a zippered pocket and a slip pocket tutorial, luckily Sew Mama Sew have a great tutorial on how to create them both HERE

Dont you just love pockets?

I hope you found these tutorials helpful if so stop by and leave let them know we bloggers comments and its a great way to say thank you for all their hard work.

Warm Stitches

comments

This entry was posted in Bags and Wallets, Embellishment, Sewing Technique, Tutorial List and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Pickety Pockets Sewing Tutorials

1. Pearlin J says:

Nice collection of tutorials.tfs.

2. MyBotanG says:

Thank you for featuring my tutorial here..
    I love different style of pockets too and have recently learnt how to do do a zippered pocket using the sew mama sew tutorial you have here..

Will check out the rest of the tutorials soon.. thank you for the link.

3. marie says:

Thanks for the list of pocket tutorials here..
    I will surely come again for pocket reference 😉

4. Such a wonderful project! I have an almost-brand-new-sewing machine sitting in my house. I bought it about two years ago for my sewing class and that was the last time I used it. I really want to start using it again and hope to do a project from your site!!!
    SproutsOfSpring´s last blog post ..Clean and Crisp Salad

5. Mayya says:

So glad you like it, i would recommend you to take the Home Ec Sewing Course to learn sewing its a self paced course and will get you sewing in no time.

I blogged about it

6. Linni says:

Good day,

I was absolutely trilled to came across your Blog!! I live in Germany and I love the Germans, but it’s not “their way doing” to share sewing or whatever knowledge and tips on the Net like the Americans for instance do.

Thank you so much, also for the helpful Links!

Kind regards from Stuttgart, Germany
    Linni

7. Kim says:

Thank you for sharing Mayya. But what happened to the pleated pocket tutorial?

I’ll be tackling bellowed pockets tomorrow…so this will be very helpul. Thank you again for sharing the links! (I’m still laughing at Linni’s comment about Germany).

8. Kim says:

Here is the link for the pleated pocket tuturial. The link above is broken.

Hope this helps!