Mayya MADE herself a Sedu Bag

Oh yes i did and i am loving it!

I think without a doubt that what makes this bag so unique is the fabric which is called Sedu. Hence the title Sedu Bag.

I bought the fabric in Muttrah souq some time back. This type of fabric are commonly used for arabic seating rooms also known as arabic majlis. Initially i had other plans for it but i’m really loving the outcome, arent you?

Did i mention how much I LOVE this bag?

I made it using the  sweet pea pleated bag pattern from Sweet Pea Totes i was suprised at how quickly and easy this bag was to make. The only changes i would make the next time i would enlarge the pattern i am into BIG bags these days.

The Inside has a magnetic snap closure, a pocket made for the sedu fabric and that is my purse organizer keeping all my things in place

I have been carrying it around and got asked where i bought my bag from then came the

“I made it” followed by a BIG smile and have had requested to make more lots more!

I am submitting this bag for Purse week contest over at A Lemon Squeezy

Purse Week

Here is the bag in action modeled by yours truly

I have some leftover farbic any ideas what else i could make from it?

comments

This entry was posted in Made with Love, Sewing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Mayya MADE herself a Sedu Bag

1. Pearlin J says:

its gorgeous Mayya.
    Pearlin J´s last blog post ..A pain in the Neck

2. Zura says:

Beautiful bag Mayya! The fabric is really unique great job!
    Zura´s last blog post ..Tutorial – Little Girl Sling Pouch

3. Love the bag and the fabric!!!

Maybe you could make a purse to match???

Claire x
    claire @ madefor3´s last blog post ..1000 visits wow

4. Lubna says:

I love it, Plus these are like My favorite colors!! :) Beautiful masha’allah

5. Fatma says:

Love it very nice… as Claire said you can match it with purse
    Fatma´s last blog post ..On Spotlight- Article

6. Alia says:

Great job Mayya! I love it! I love the style of purse too and will be hopping over there to have a look! As we American’s say; make a WALLET! I think the Brits and those that speak British English would say ‘PURSE’. To me, the bag you made is the PURSE! Oh, the little idiosyncrasies of the English language!! This contest must be American as they are calling it ‘Purse Week’!

Where did you get your magnetic snap? Where exactly in Muttrah did you get the fabric? We had a whole majlis of this exact fabric for years until the cats peed on it. Had to get rid of it. They were great for Amal and Ali as they learned to walk and all! Anyway, great job!

• Mayya says:

Thanks Alia yes the contest is American it actually ends today! Wish me luck :)

Its hard to explain exactly which little shop in Muttrah unless you know the souq really, really well. If you want we can take a shopping trip one day together & i can show you where it is :)

I got the magnetic snaps from a friend who used to sew but is too busy now and she gave me a whole box of them! She bought hers from Dubai.

7. lia says:

lovely! I love the print!!!

8. Idayu says:

It lovely! great job. love the fabric too:)
    Idayu´s last blog post ..More Tutorials