10 girly skirt tutorials you dont want to miss

I have been meaning to make skirts for my girls and found really cute ones and simply had to share

Skirt Tutorial by Polka Dot Chair

twirly skirt

Cup Day Skirt by Thornberry

Cup Day Skirt

Corduroy Skirt by Tea Rose Home

Corduroy Skirt

Happy Sewing :)

comments

This entry was posted in Girls Clothes, Tutorial List and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to 10 girly skirt tutorials you dont want to miss

1. Nice tutorial.I could catch it in correct time.Thanks 4 sharing

2. um omer says:

thanks for sharing us

3. clo says:

Ok now listen Ms Mayya we need to talk. I have heard this “meaning to make” for far too long now when it comes to your lovely girls clothes and I am stepping in as their sewing fairy godmother to ask you for your commitment.
    Which pattern?
    By when?
    Photos will be posted by?
    I know you have fabric in your stash … ;-)

Keep me posted.

Oh and by the way a great selection of patterns there, I just love making skirts for Lulu but I must make sure she is wearing her boxer / hot pants style knickers as she is a terror when it comes to “acting like a lady” LOL.
    clo´s last blog post ..Easy PJ fix for Laith and Baby Pouch Sling for Bub

• Mayya says:

Clo You caught me red handed there…yeah i know i have lots of things i want to make for them but never do!

I promise to make something for them before you Bubba is due ;)

4. clo says:

Mayya it is a deal!

Now you do realise that bubba 4 will be joining us Saturday afternoon so get busy girl! ;-) Nothing like a deadline, LOL.

5. Thanks for posting these tutorials! So many cute skirts! I just was looking through my fabric stash for some corduroy to make my little monkey a skirt, now I”m thinking it will have to be the pattern by Tea Rose Home, that is truly adorable! I am bookmarking this page for sure!
    Thanks!
    Melissa Martin´s last blog post ..Walmart Lovin

6. clo says:

Oh Mayya now I feel like a wicked fairy step mother putting too much pressure on you ;-)

When I need to make a themed skirt for Lulu like a dress up, st patricks day etc I use THIS (http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2008/08/lazy-days-skirt-free-pattern.html) tutorial. Seriously you can knock one of these over in an hour tops! I even showed one of my non-sewing friends how to do this one and she was able to make two for her little in girls in one afternoon.

a great way to stash bust too or even use up scraps or fat quarters because all you have to do is end up with a rectangle. You have such a great eye for fabric combination that I could see you being very creative indeed.

I know things are not easy at the moment so this FG won’t hold you to any unreasonable commitments. ;-) Hugs,

• Mayya says:

Clo i doubt you could ever be wicked even if you tried, you have a heart of gold and i say this with sincerity :)

Thanks for sharing the tutorial seems pretty straight forward no chance of me messing it up LOL i however need to make two of everything to have a peaceful house!

A little push is always good, especially when it involves sewing ;)

7. Millie says:

Oh, wow, awesome; Thanks, Mayya, for compiling this list. I think I want to make them all!
    Millie´s last blog post ..Chic and Simple Sewing Fall Dress = Easy Holiday Dress to Sew

8. Thanks for all of the links, Mayya! There are some really cute skirts here… I’m going to have a hard time choosing just one to try!
    Gwen @ Gwenny Penny´s last blog post ..Pillsbury Doughboy Costume

9. Melissa Perez says:

I am in love with all of these!!!