Tour of my sewing room

I got inspired to show you my sewing room after Zura blogged about hers i have been meaning to blog about my sewing room you might remember my sneak peek here, here and here.

This post is picture heavy but hopefully it wont bore you …..let us begin  :)

Welcome to my sewing room

this is what you see as you open the door

Check out this carpet  i LOVE the heart and its was made for me – bought it from Ikea

Turn to your left and you see my cutting table

Lets us take a closer look of the cutting table shall we?

The table is actually not a table at all but  2 Ikea Lack bookcases placed on their sides!

above this i have 2 Ikea Lack shelves

and right next to this is where i keep my fabrics, the bookcase with the glass shelves stores my non craft books

and the plastic drawers i keep my work in progress projects

Then there is a big window in the middle of the room

the same one you were faced with upon entering and to the right of that is the Expedit Bookcase which is i LOVE

and on the other side of this is my office :)

I stenciled “Connect to the world” above my workstation

Back to my workstation for a closer look

next to this another big window and my sewing machine

The L shape Galant ikea table is a great table for sewing one, plenty of space

I keep the bags up there for inspiration and motivation

So here is this is the before

and the after

I do hope you enjoyed this loong tour of my creative space

Leave me a comment with  your thoughts i would love to hear them

I’ll be linking to these parties

comments

This entry was posted in Craft/Sewing Room, Sewing Room and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

83 Responses to Tour of my sewing room

1. Ann Marie says:

Your sewing room is what I envision IKEA heaven to look like! I think I need to make a trip… Beautiful, thanks so much for sharing.
    Ann Marie´s last blog post ..Help Me Wednesday – Pick an Accent Color!

2. aicha says:

Wow – I can see how creative you are from this room!
    The cutting table/shelf is a great idea!
    aicha´s last blog post ..Happy Ramadan and Im back

3. Karen T says:

Beautiful!! I’m so jealous! My husband has that same Expedit shelf (in black) with the desk attachment and he loves it!
    Karen T´s last blog post ..I Need Your Ideas!

4. You have such a nice space there! Very fun and colorful!
    Tea Rose Home´s last blog post ..Link Party No 20!

5. Leanne says:

I love everything about this room. The red just makes me happy. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous room at We’re Organized Wednesday.

6. Oh my gosh… I am in love with your sewing room!! I loveeeee the red! That’s my kitchen color! I wish my office/library/craft room/junk room was large enough to decorate. As of now it just covered floor to celing with book shelves nothing to stylish their!!
    Vanessa @ Domestic Dame´s last blog post ..Hasbrown Casserole

7. Karla says:

Great room! How nice to have such an open space full of light!

I am following you from Life as Lori!

8. Brandy says:

I love this, the red made my sing!!!!

9. Wow…so organized! I love it!

I’m actually in the process of re-doing my office/craft room/sewing room/all-my-other hobbies room! It’s so fun to figure out the best way to utilize my space and how to make it all look clean, organized, and still functional.

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Andrea @ Simple Organized Living´s last blog post ..Chocolate Zucchini Brownies

10. I love studios and your is no exception. I need you to come to my house. Mine is pure chaos. Here is the link: http://permanentposies.com/?p=27
    Permanent Posies´s last blog post ..Green is for Roasted Asparagus

11. Syaf says:

Oh this is really nice Mayya! I love it! Gonna start re-decorate mine now :P

12. Amnah says:

Awesome! Great space. Gotta love Ikea and all it’s great stuff. Thanks for sharing. Makes me wish I had a full room to myself.

13. Ginger says:

You have been featured at SSB! Check it out below:

Feel free to snag my I was Featured button for you blog!
    Ginger´s last blog post ..Mad Skills Monday Link Party 22

14. Tracelaine says:

Excellent job. Your space looks cozy and cute as all get out!
    Tracelaine´s last blog post ..Love Letters To Elizabeth Taylor

15. Eva says:

wow I love it mashaAllah. I’ve bookmarked it in case I ever get my own sewing room someday!
    Eva´s last blog post ..Tornado in a Bottle

16. Your post was very popular this week at “AP Tuesdays” I will be featuring you tomorrow! Thanks for linking up such a great post!

17. cathy says:

love your sewing room and can you please tell me where did you find heart rug what ikea i was looking for it and i can’t find it maybe you can give me item# thank you

18. Tanya says:

What a fabulous creative space! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
    Tanya´s last blog post ..Christmas countdown!

19. Meg says:

Wow! Look at all that color! All the organization! All that creativity ready to be uleashed! I can’t stop using these !!!!!!!

I’m having a Target giveaway on my blog. Love if you could stop by! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

20. Robin says:

Can you come over to my house and makeover my sewing room? Thanks in advance!

21. Wow! What a fabulous room! I am jealous!

Thanks for linking up at http://www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

I hope to see you Friday for another link party!

Ashley

22. M.Kate says:

Hit there, it’s well planned, well laid out and very tidy. Love how you have the priveledge of having windows :) Enjoy sewing…

23. I loved looking at your bigger craft room. :) I am sure you must miss it. That rug is tooooo cute and I love the little office cubby area!

24. sharon says:

I love your sewing room. Mine is still a work in progress.
    sharon´s last blog post ..Sewing Room

25. MAMAqIST says:

salam..woww very nice space..i dreamt it..thanx for inspired..
    MAMAqIST´s last blog post ..AWAS! DAGING TIRUAN PULAK..

26. hana says:

ma shaa allah ……. Beautiful room ::::

27. carolann says:

as everyone else said I love the rug and the colors you chose those shelves as cutting table are brilliant. I am also moving my sewing studio to a new location and getting a sewing table that lets the machine bed lie on the table surface to make sewing easier on my back. Great ideas I am pinning this to my clip board at pinterest.

28. Judy says:

Love love your sewing room!

29. Liah Mohsin says:

U have inspired me to decorate my room as well. Love what you did to your room. Do you do tutorials on YouTube?

30. Cathy says:

I love your room and all the red accents! I have a lot of red in my sewing room/bedroom too.
    The curtains really caught my eye! I wonder why no one commented on them because they are fantasticly fun and they make a HUGE impact on the decor of the whole space. Where did you get them, or the fabric to make them? I really like the graphic colorful pop they add!

• Mayya says:

Thank you so much Cathy and yeah totally agree that the curtains have a huge impact on the room. The fabric for the curtains are from IKEA, i should have named this post the IKEA sewing room lol because everything is from IKEA!
      Thanks for stopping by!

31. Tracelaine says:

Your work space is very cheerful. All that natural light is so great, and the new curtains are so vibrant. Thanks for sharing.