Diaper/Messenger bag for Sew It

Ok its official i am declaring my love for making bags, i really enjoyed every stitch in making this bag.

The tutorial was very well written i had no problems understanding the instructions at all.  Although i must admit there were times where i stopped for a couple of mins and had to re-read a few points but i blame that on my sleep deprived body who wanted nothing more than to go to bed. It was trying in more ways than one to make me stop sewing but would my sewing passion listen? …..No way !!!!

There was no stopping me my sewing passion wasn’t going to give in, it was enjoying making this bag and had to finish it in time for Sew IT.

So here it is ladies and gentlemen (I wonder if they are men who read my blog? if you do leave me a comment just to say hi ) i present to you my diaper/messenger bag for Sew it

Pretty isnt it? well I think it is LOL

Here it is from the side

the back

I used IKEA fabric and lined it with its co ordinating fabric in pink

As i didnt have any magnetic snaps i opted for velcro instead

a closer look inside – i am so loving this pink

I think one of the reasons i enjoyed this so much is because i learned new things like making this zippered back pocket

As i write this post i check my email to find if anyone has sent me something to feature but no nothing. Quite suprising as this tutorial did win last week! with 15 votes but not one managed to sew it umm maybe unlike me they listened to their body LOL

Nevertheless i made it and i am SO glad i did :)

Warm stitches

comments

This entry was posted in Made with Love, Sew It, Sewing, Tutorial and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Diaper/Messenger bag for Sew It

1. erum says:

well all i have to say is that you are one talented lady MashaAllah. do visit my blog too for some really useful ideas.
    .-= erum´s last blog ..make a hair accessory holder =-.

2. Ooh! I LOVE it! Beautiful job!

3. Standy says:

OMG i LOVE this bag..
    is it for sale :p

its perfect for travelling and when going somewhere VERY casual..
    .-= Standy´s last blog ..Did you know? =-.

4. Zura says:

Mayya, OMG…..gorgeousness!! Love the bag and envious of the fact that you managed to finish it on time while I have once again failed :(
    I mean, I tried…but I went as far as picking the fabric before everything else gets in the way, typical me…Oh well, perhaps I’ll be back on board for the next Sew It. And seriously, you did a wonderful job with the bag, looks very professional!
    .-= Zura´s last blog ..Babydoll Swing Top For The Girls =-.

• mayya says:

Thank you Zura i am really proud of myself for finishing it ON TIME and although i am a little sleep deprived it was all worth it.

Professional looking? really? WOW i must be good then LOL thank you for the compliment Z really means a lot especially from a sewist :)

wow…that looks gorgoeus Mayya…looks very professionaly finished
    .-= Nima´s last blog ..…getting back to blogging after a short break.. =-.

6. laila says:

Beautiful Bag Mayya, well done. Love the fabric, I think I bought some of the grey but must have missed the pink!
    .-= laila´s last blog ..Tour of Oman =-.

• mayya says:

Thanks Laila i didnt buy much of it :( i have no more pink left only grey and not much of it, i just love IKEA fabrics they are great for bags!

7. Jeana says:

I love the bag. I have got to get out of this funk and start sewing.

8. Trish says:

Woww..Mayya,its beautiful!!
    So,you didnt use the plastic coated inside lining?
    I love the finish and contrast!!amazing…I know I promised,I will sew something this week..so far havent gotten anything done..Will sit down n try tomorrow.
    .-= Trish´s last blog ..Kheema Gobhi =-.

9. Caryl Rosten says:

Mayya, I am pleased to see this lovely bag as a large tote and carryall. It is always a pleasure to see the sew it projects. I am currently working on a bag that is made in Ultra Suede* outer fabrics with heavy machine embroidery. It is taking much longer than expected to complete, as U S is not the friendliest fabric. However it is a very special bag and will be on sale soon. A one of a Kind never to be repeated. Thanks so much for having this site for me to get my creative juices flowing. I will follow your sew it next time.. PROMISE. Great workmanship in the construction with that fabulous material.
    .-= Caryl Rosten´s last blog ..FSL Cancer Awareness Ribbon, Lace for bracelet, bookmark,lapel pin, black, purple, yellow =-.

10. Luschka says:

That’s a lovely bag Mayya! You’re so good at this!
    .-= Luschka´s last blog ..365-49 to 365-55 A Week in Pictures =-.

11. Leena says:

Assalamu’alaikum Mayya

You have busy fingers Mayya…and the finished work is just marvellous! I couldn’t imagine a brown n red work work together but your bag has really proved me wrong! Would love to try something bold like this…but finding the right material/design such as yours is pretty problematic for me… hard to find prints like that…but I definitely love this and would try do to it….been planning to work on a messenger bag…either for myself or my daughters as a bag to go for extra classes..Luv it!

12. Sohana says:

wonderful pattern and a job well done. Love your fabric combination (definitely loving the shocking pink on the inside.. demure and subtle looking on the outside..hehehe ) Will definitely give this pattern a try, insyaallah. and will definitely try to participate in the future project.
    .-= Sohana´s last blog ..Fabric Find – Spring =-.

13. jane p says:

Oh, lovely! I don’t have this fabric. Do you find this quality of fabric difficult to sew on compared to, say a softer cotton? I notice that on my machine, the stitches don’t look so even on the bobbin side when I use this kind of fabric. Is it just my machine? I wonder. Btw, I have a tutorial for a recessed zipper tote. http://projectsbyjane.blogspot.com/2009/08/recessed-zipper-shoulder-bag-tutorial.html
    See if you wanna try it. It’s easy.
    I hope the baby shoes get voted in next round!
    .-= jane p´s last blog ..March MAAD 2010 =-.

14. Lia says:

oooo I heart this bag :) and I have those fabrics too 😉 such brilliant idea and combo :)

15. Elizabeth says:

Lovely job! I love the fabric you chose. Glad you enjoyed the tutorial. :)
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Blast From the Knitting (and Baby) Past =-.