My 5 mins of fame

Yes i am in the media again this time in one of my favorite magazines Al Mar’a which is a monthly magazine that comes out in both english and arabic whic targets the modern women of today.

One afternoon i got a call from my crafty friend Isra from Sew 2 b happy. Wonder if i was be interested in being featured in Al Mara, as the topic was about online businesses in Oman. I was then contacted by Rana Al Alawaneh and they came over and i owd them where th magic happenes LOL and now Ta Da i am featured in Al Mara YAY!

I am in their February issue – Arabic version

Here i am

The article talks  about my passion and how i wanted to turn it into an online business selling my handmade items but was faced with problems.

However the good news is that because of this article i am in touch with people who might be able to help so i am in now in the process of getting it all sorted out so in sha Allah (god willing) there will be light at the end of the tunnel :) I will reveal everything in due time ;)

Thank you Al Mara Magazine it was lovely meeting Rana and their photographer who i must admit took great pictures, i rarely like pictures of myself but i am loving this one of me, so he must be VERY GOOD LOL

Did you check out the pillow i made for Sew it?

You still have a couple of days left and belive me its a fast project with great results so join in the fun the deadline is on Tuesday so get stitching..

Happy sewing

comments

This entry was posted in About me, Business, In the Press, Local, Oman and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to My 5 mins of fame

1. Congrats on the article! Thank you for commenting over at French Picnic, please join us if you want. Just leave us a comment in the PEAR tab of the site if you decide to get involved in our crafty blog comment love project and we will get the welcome info to you.
    .-= French Picnic´s last blog ..Comment Contest! =-.

congrats Mayya…good to read that you are getting help to sort out the problems…so happy for you..
    .-= Nima´s last blog ..Sew It – Scrappy Pillow =-.

3. Preeta says:

Congratulations!! Mayya, on your being featured and great news on the online buisness front…..Hope everthing gets sorted out fast. All the best wishes.
    .-= Preeta´s last blog ..Sew it : Patchwork pillow =-.

4. Karima says:

I cant wait to read it!

See you soon,

xox

5. um omer says:

I’m proud of you…mashalla!

you are a good example of (great worker woman)

إن شاء الله بستوي نفسك
    .-= um omer´s last blog ..برياني هندي =-.

6. Lubna says:

:) Many Many More to Come Insha’lllah

7. You deserve it! Your work is just gorgeous! Congratulations! (Wow, that’s a lot of exclamation points!) :).
    .-= Kim @ Cheap Chic Home´s last blog ..Sweet. Heart "Stockings" =-.

8. Isra says:

Oh I am so happy to hear that it might get a solution to your problem that was exactly the reason I felt you should be featured as what is the point in encouraging people to open online businesses in Oman if then they are faced with payment problems etc so I am THRILLED for you.

Congrats and well deserved …
    .-= Isra´s last blog ..Happy Valentines Day =-.

9. Congrats! What a cool thing. Stopping by from SITS!
    .-= JDaniel4′s Mom´s last blog ..Seeing Red! =-.

10. Katie L. says:

Congrats!! That’s a pretty big and awesome thing to happen! I hope great things come of it! :)
    .-= Katie L.´s last blog ..Goals for 2010: February 1st – 15th =-.