Tissue Box Cover for Sew IT

Sew IT

This week we will be making covers for our tissue boxes. We all have tissues boxes lying around the house and most of the time they dont fit with the decor of the room.

This is an easy tutorial which is prepared by Ashely from Make it and Love it. I love her blog as she posts lots of easy tutorials, i have my eye on a couple more to use for Sew IT.

This is what we aim to create

What i like about this tutorial is that you are not limited to use the square tissues boxes (shown in the pic) you could use the regular rectangle ones.

So ladies here is the tutorial i really hope you enjoy it i already know what fabric i am going to use.

Ashley advises to use upholstery type fabric as its thick and will hold better. However, you can use cotton too but just use some fusible interfacing.

Interfacing is used to make the fabric stiffer and there are two types the one you iron on and the one you sew onto the fabric. Both are available from Al Hadhramy, keep in mind you dont want it to be too hard so choose medium strength.

Remember once you’ve completed the tutorial:

• Take a picture of your creation
  • blog about it on your blog (if u have one) featuring my Sew IT button (grab it from my side bar) and linking to me and send me the link.
  • If u dont have a blog send me the picture via email to umhadeel [at] gmail [dot] com before Tuesday.

I will feature all creations on feautre it wednesday (which is when we show off our creations) i will link up to your blog (and have all the participants creations in one place)

Anyone can join in the fun all you need is your creativity and remember take it a stitch at a time

Happy Sewing Ladies

comments

This entry was posted in Sew It, Sewing, Tutorial and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Tissue Box Cover for Sew IT

wow…i’m there…i’m there….

Mayya…i have posted the tissue cover finish in my blog….

3. toxic_honey says:

omg i love it!

the fabric it self is AMAZING i love velvet in general am acuallty thinking of change my room decoration and patin all the walls with off white but one wall with have pink &white velvet wallpaper 😀 so i might order some stuff if found the perfect fabric 😀

and am sure no one would believe this is ur first tissue box cover!

ur work is so neat Mashallah

keep it up

• mayya says:

Thanks Toxic but what you see in the pic was not made by me but by Ashely from Make it and love it (her link is in the post) i am yet to make mine…

4. toxic_honey says:

lot of grammar mistakes !

-_- sorry i am kinda sleepy LOL!

5. toxic_honey says:

oh! i thought u did that!

cant wait for urs then 😀

6. Pingback: Feature it Wednesday - Tissue box cover « Sew Chic and Unique